The Business Travel Network, is an initiative set up and supported by Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset local authorities. The BTN offers employers within Dorset FREE practical advice and resources to help their staff access more sustainable travel choices. The BTN helps each business develop a travel action plan focused on the staff commute and also facilitates business-to-business good practice sharing and acts as a collective voice to feedback information to local authorities and public transport providers.
Sustainable travel includes:
When an employer joins the Business Travel Network they commit to develop, and be delivering, an up to date travel action plan focussed on its employees travel to work. In return they gain access to expertise and resources including:
- Assistance with carrying out site audits and staff travel surveys
- Help with identifying suitable initiatives for their action plan
- Access to exclusive sustainable travel initiatives and discounts
- Participation in the travel plan Accreditation and Awards scheme
- Invitations to best practice networking events and workshops
- Help identify and apply for any relevant funding opportunities
The Business travel Network is an initiative set up and supported by Bournemouth Borough council, Borough of Poole and Dorset County Council.